6 June 2017

Fresh (or frozen) blackberry Ice cream (Helado de moras y crema)






All my life I have loved  blackberries, absolutely, the marmalades of blackberry (made for my granny) desserts with blackberry, kuchenes with blackberries and of course blackberry ice cream, one of my favorites.
This ice cream can be made with fresh or frozen berries. In fact mine were frozen from the summer and they were delicious.
The recipe can be made with ice cream machine or without no problem.

And if someone wonders why I make so many ice cream in the fall ( anyway I like them all year) my mom loves ice cream is her favorite dessert.



Source :  Baked by an introvert












Ingredients

 3   cups fresh (or frozen) blackberries 
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice 
1/2 cup of sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

Add the blackberries to a blender and pulse until fully pureed.
You want a smooth, juiciy consistency. Press the puree through a fine mesh sieve and discard the pulp.
You should have about 1cups of liquid.
Transfer the liquid to a mediumsaucepan , add the lemon juice and sugar. 
Heat over medium heat until reduced and thickened about 5 minutes, stir occasionally: Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cold.

Add the heavy cream to a large bowl. Using and electric mixer beat until stiff peaks form. Turn the speed to slow and slowly pour in the condensed milk. Add the vanilla extract. Turn the speed back to high and beat until thickened.Transfer to a container  (I use a loaf pan)at least one hour.

Transfer to 2  cups of the whipped cream to other bowl.
Add in the  berry cooled puree and mix until well combined. 
Gently fold into the remaining whipped cream  to create swirls. Dont over mix or you will lose the swirls. 
Freeze at least 4 hours.










Note::
If you have a machine Ice cream you can make the vanilla Ice cream in a cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions. When the cream is done make the swirls with the blackberry syrup and put in the freezer in the freeze container.



print recipe



En español


Helado de moras y crema



















72 comments:

  1. I agree, Gloria! I have always loved blackberries since growing up on a farm and going by the creek to pick them. They were fabulous, the pies, jam and all that mom would make.
    Your ice cream is the best, love it and would love to make it this summer. Pretty colors, and great taste, the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore blackberries as well and this swirled ice cream looks amazing!!! Thanks, Gloria!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too love blackberries. Your swirled ice cream looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fabulous and I have coulis frozen so it would be perfect for this recipe. Thanks Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Che meraviglia questo gelato!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meraviglioso!!!! Che voglia che mi hai fatto venire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blackberries aren't bad, can work at any pad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks good. And if I made 1/4 of your dishes, I'd be buying wider pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh come on Sage, this is a really little serving. When I make Ice cream usually is for 5 or 6 servings so is ok ! Nobody can repeat!!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Yes is delicious, how are you doing ??

      Delete
    2. I'm doing fairly well. How have you been?

      Delete
    3. Im ok but Iwas a little sick. Im ok now!

      Delete
    4. Sorry you were sick. Glad you're feeling better!

      Delete
  10. che goloso questo gelato, una delizia !Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Gloria, Very nice and refreshing. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just glorious ice cream! I could use it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anche a me piacciono tanto le more! Delizioso questo gelato :)
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  14. excellent dessert cette glace au top
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  15. That must be a really good ice cream. It's lovely with these nice purple swirls ...
    xo
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this ice cream! And it looks pretty too. Have a nice weekend Gloria! Baci.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this ice cream, Gloria! Blackberries are so tasty and healthy!
    A big hug,
    MG

    ReplyDelete
  18. SEi la maga dei gelati, bravissima!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you swirled the ice cream Gloria, so pretty! I bet this tastes fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Growing up we had blackberry bushes in our garden ... they were delicious.
    I still love to eat them and they are very versatile, lovely in a salad too!
    Your ice cream does look delicious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gloria, I love blackberries too...and this ice cream looks terrific. I'm saving the recipe and my wife and I will give it a try. It's summertime here and ice cream is an essential food! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  22. adoro questo gelato!! buonissimo!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another awesome recipe for ice cream...I love the blackberry swirl...so pretty!
    Have a wonderful weekend Gloria :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those swirls!! *swoon*. Ice cream is also one of my favourite desserts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was 95 degrees here today. This would have hit the spot! It looks and sounds delicious and refreshing. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  26. This black berry ice cream sounds so refreshing. Just the thing I need for the hot summer weather we are having.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks so beautiful & delicious Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want a scoop of that ice-cream, Gloria, and I want it in that pretty pink cup. Beautiful!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the picture of the ice cream getting scooped. Blackberries are a favorite fruit--may need to make some more ice cream now that it's summer again!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ma che gelato chic! Buono e rinfrescante! Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gloria, I have to agree with Liz. This blackberry ice cream looks amazing. I am salivating.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted